Exhibitor Appointed Contractors (EAC) Terms and Conditions
Exhibitors may employ the service of independent contractors for services, providing the exhibitor and the contractor comply with the following requirements:
- The exhibitor must notify Show Management, in writing, by completing the online EAC Notification Form, of the intention to utilize an independent contractor no later than January 3, 2020 . The exhibitor must furnish the company name, address, contact name, telephone number and e-mail address of the firm.
- The exhibitor assumes ultimate responsibility for all services in connection with the exhibit, including freight, material handling, rentals, and labor.
- The exhibitor assumes ultimately responsibility for all services in connection with the exhibit, including freight, material handling, rentals, and labor.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor must provide evidence of a proper certificate of insurance with a minimum of $1,000,000 liability coverage, including property damage, to Show Management by January 3, 2020 . Send certificates to Kim DiCianni by e-mail at KimDiCianni@ipc.org or fax at +1 847-615-5623. The certificate of insurance must name IPC, Shepard Expositions Services and San Diego Convention Center as additional insured.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor must have all business licenses, permits and Workers’ Compensation insurance required by the State and City governments and the convention facility management prior to commencing work, and shall provide evidence of compliance to Show Management.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor shall provide evidence of Automobile Insurance inclusive of bodily injury and property damage no later than by January 3, 2020 . Automobile liability shall include all owned, non-owned and hired vehicles with limits of $100,000 combined single limit.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor will share with Shepard Exposition Services all reasonable costs related to its operation, including overtime pay for stewards, restoration of exhibit space to its initial condition, etc.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor must furnish Show Management with the names of all on-site employees who will be working on the exposition floor and see that they have and wear at all times necessary identification badges as determined by Show Management.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor shall be prepared to show evidence that it has a valid authorization from the exhibitor for services. The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor may not solicit business on the exhibit floor.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor must confine its operations to the exhibit area of its clients. No service desks, storage areas or other work facilities will be located anywhere in the building. The show aisles and public space are not a part of the exhibitor’s booth space. “No Freight Aisles” must be kept clear at all times.
- The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor shall provide, if requested, evidence to Shepard Exposition Services and Show Management that it possesses applicable and current labor contracts and must comply with all labor agreements and practices. The Exhibitor Appointed Contractor must not commit or allow to be committed by persons in its employment any acts that could lead to work stoppages, strikes or labor problems.
- Contractor staff is expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner. Inappropriate or abusive behavior, consumption of alcoholic beverages, or smoking inside the facility may result in removal of the individual from the property.
- All event rules & regulations and display regulations must be adhered to by exhibitors and Exhibitor Appointed Contractors.